How is Silver used as a Disinfectant

Silver is an effective disinfectant because it is a highly reactive element that can quickly kill bacteria, viruses and fungi. When silver comes into contact with these organisms, it disrupts their cell membranes and prevents them from reproducing.

Silver has been used as a disinfectant for centuries, and its efficacy has been well-documented. In fact, silver is so effective at killing bacteria that it is used in hospital settings to prevent the spread of infection.

There are many different ways to use silver as a disinfectant. An old school method was to place a silver coin in a container of water and allow it to sit for a few hours, the silver would kill bacteria in the water and make it safe to drink.

Silver is also used in some commercial disinfectants, such as our silver based disinfectant products. Our disinfectant products have been lab tested in Australia to meet all of the requirements for a hospital grade disinfectant.

In addition to its use as a disinfectant, silver also has a number of other reported benefits.


  • Silver is can stay on surfaces for an extended period of time to continue fighting bacteria
  • Silver can still disinfect after an area between cleans
  • Silver as a disinfectant is non-toxic and does not cause any adverse effects.

Overall, silver is a safe and effective disinfectant that can be used in a variety of different ways. It is an especially good choice for those who are looking for a natural alternative to chemical disinfectants.

If you are looking for a way to disinfect your home or office, silver is a great option. It is safe to use and will not cause any harm to your property or possessions.